We all got paid last week, and the Sandton Sale is on this week. So, I see no better reason to shop for my winter essentials (FINALLY). Sometimes I get so caught up in exams and realise that I’m wearing winter clothing from High School. I love winter, I love the fashion and the makeup. It’s that time of the year where you don’t have to feel pressured to tan or feel pressured to show more of your body than you’re comfortable with. Also, I love trench coats.
My Winter Essentials:
1. A double breasted coat. When buying your coat make sure that it is flattering. Try to get on that is clinched at the waist or has a waist belt. This way is far more flattering to your figure.
2. Jeggings. I don’t mean the thin latex ones, I mean the good quality, think jeans ones. When you’re all swaddled up in clothing, why not be comfy?
3. Colourful, funky or trendy scarves. I love scarves. I also would rather spend big money on good, classic coats that I can wear for years and spend money on trendy scarfs. This way you won’t break the budget and still be on-trend.
4. A good Boot. When shopping for boots, NEVER impulse buy. Try to be practical and stylish and look for quality. Your feet are the part of your body that will never change size, so why not shop for lasting items?
5. Hats. I love hats. They’re warm and cover my ears and add serious flair to an outfit.
Whenever I’m shopping I always avoid brown. I just hate brown. I prefer whites and blues when shopping for winter clothing. What colour do you hate?