Today I’ll just be doing the Essentials. I had planned this as one post, but it ended up being ridiculously long and there just were not enough pretty pictures! Tomorrow I’ll be doing the ‘Classics’. I had so much fun rounding up the products I really love!
1. Eyeliner. Seriously, brown or black eyeliner is a makeup essential. Also, when you don’t have eyeshadow around, a good cat eye will make people forget that completely.
2. A good foundation – be it a powder, cream or liquid. Use the consultants at the stores to find the perfect shade for you. I use Revlon Colourstay Stay Natural moisturising makeup spf 15 in Natural Tan. I’ve been using it ever since it replaced my MAC NC 44.5 mainly because my skin is no longer that colour.
3. Coloured lipgloss- You can choose how pimented you want it to be. A stronger pigmentation will look more like lipstick and a sheerer one will only add a light tint and appear more natural.
For a sheer lipgloss you can try;
Rimmel Sweet Jelly sheer lipgloss in Tutti Frutti
Revlon Creme de la Chrome (This product doesn’t seem to show up anymore though :()
4. Bronzer or blush. I am bronzer crazy these days. However, if you still like the pinker look to cheeks, get a blush that matches your skn tone well. There are quite a few blush compacts available that pair a darker shade with a lighter shade. You can use this to create a lightly contoured look.
A good blush brush affects the way your blush looks. I use the Essence Blush brush, it’s economical and works well
5. Mascara- Mascara is my number one essential. I would never go a day without mascara if I am wearing make-up. Choosing a mascara is not as challenging as finding the right shade of foundation, just make sure it is flattering and doesn’t clump.
I find myself running between;
Revlon MegaLash lenghtening Mascara
Rimmel Glam’eyes Day 2 Night mascara
Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Mascara
6. A flattering, simple lipstick. You can choose between a pinker shade or a Nude shade. I’ve added a red lipstick to the Classics and not the essentials because while it is definitely a must-have it is not an essential.
If you think I missed something, I will be adding to this under the Makeup Bag Mut-haves classics tomorrow
If you have any questions or comments you can follow me on Tiwtter @zaamissbowtie. I like to chat